2023 Junior Secondary Deputy School Leader Job (Tatu Girls Boarding School) at Nova Pioneer… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nova Pioneer.
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st-century skills.
- Managing the execution of the daily operations of the school, and supporting all members of the community in meeting the mission, vision and instructional model of Nova Pioneer in partnership with the School Principal.
- Crafting, articulate and executing on a compelling short- and long-term vision for the development of the school’s culture and program in partnership with the absence of the School Principal.
- Establish and maintain an extremely strong and vibrant school culture consistent with Nova’s core culture principles in partnership with the School Principal.
- Build and consistently grow an exceptional culture throughout the school so that students and staff love arriving in the morning and feel constantly challenged and engaged in partnership with the School Principal.
- Build strong relationships with the parents of all students in the school and managing all issues and concerns they may raise in partnership with the School Principal.
- Manage teaching and learning, and the academic outcomes of all learners in partnership with the Dean(s) of Instruction and Learning.
- Manage the school leadership team, all teachers and support teammates using the Managing the Nova Pioneer Way framework in partnership with the School Principal.
- Plan and support the implementation of Open Days, Academic events, community events, and parent-centered events in partnership with the School Principal.
- Create and support marketing opportunities to grow enrollment and lessen attrition.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with other functions that support the school (Talent, Operations, Admissions and Marketing, Property, Collections and Finance) in partnership with or in the absence of the School Principal.
- Lead the teammate hiring processes for the school in partnership with the School Principal.
Organisation and Administration skills
- Provide overall management of the school, including the planning and overseeing of the daily time tabling of classes in partnership with the School Principal.
- Manage the execution of school activities aligned to the teacher duty schedules as well as morning, break time, and lunch supervision in partnership with the School Principal.
- Support, maintain and action effective data management systems such as student records, teacher records, attendance, etc. in partnership with the School Principal.
- Collect, analyze, share and interpret internal and external school assessment data and ensure that data is used strategically to improve student academic performance in partnership with the Dean of Instruction and Learning.
- Oversee planning, execution and analysis of intervention programs targeted at needs of diverse academic subgroups, whether remedial or enrichment in partnership with the School Principal.
- Implement systems for report cards, MAP results and reporting other grades to parents in partnership with the School Principal.
- With the support of the Finance team, manage the school and operational and staffing budget to 0% variance – ensuring school-based procurement is managed within the budget and at a high standard.
- Preside over the health and safety committee and ensure all health and safety procedures and protocols are implemented.
- Ensure Deans are managing clubs, competitions and other campus events in partnership with the School Principal.
- With the support of the property and operations team, oversee the school facilities management – ensure campus health, safety and security, campus facilities and cleaning are up to the required standard.
- Ensure that campus-required hiring, people development and HR-related matters are closely managed and communicated to relevant teams.
- With the support of the Marketing team, take active leadership and ownership in the school’s admissions process and enrollment efforts as well as student retention.
- Lead the coaching and development of other leaders in the school, including Deans and Grade Level leads to be exemplars in all aspects of the Nova Pioneer Model, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Leading Dean and teacher development to ensure a campus that displays exceptional inquiry instruction, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Leading Dean and teacher development to ensure a campus that excels in implementing data-driven instruction, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Ensure the Deans oversee the attendance roster and roster of absent teachers and ensure effective teacher substitute plans as necessary, using on-campus teachers and calling on talent to support for long-term absences.
- Develop a school environment that is supportive of learning and high achievement among the students, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Lead and support the monitoring and evaluation of teaching and learning across the school and contribute to school self-evaluation and the development of improvement plans, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Facilitate collaboration among teachers within/across grade levels and subject areas, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Create and manage appropriate and high-impact staff professional development, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Develop and roll out effective communication systems with students, team, parents and the wider community, in collaboration with the external relations team, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Communicate with students, staff and parents in a positive, friendly and professional manner, in partnership with the School Principal.
- Responsible for managing communication systems -Zen Desk, Newsletters, Class Dojo, Kid Connect, EdAdmin, etc. in partnership with the School Principal.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and a Masters degree in Education Management/Administration is desirable.
- You have your TSC number and certificate.
- You have at least five years teaching experience with a strong academic record
- You have 2+ years of experience in a rigorous, high-expectations school setting including instructional leadership roles (e.g., Dean of Instruction, Dean of Students, Deputy Head, teacher coach, etc.). More years of experience or experience as a Head of School is highly valued but not a prerequisite.
- You are widely recognised as a highly effective teacher and can model what great, inquiry-based teaching looks like.
- You consistently seek out opportunities to grow, whether by asking others for feedback, forming communities of learning with other school leaders, or seeking out training
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching, building uncommonly strong relationships, developing creative training sessions and sharing feedback
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.