AEP Teacher Job at Norwegian Refugee Council… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Norwegian Refugee Council.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
- To take the lead in the implementation of the NRC’s alternative education programmes.
- To conduct on-the-job teacher training and mentoring of inexperienced teachers. The teacher should be able to efficiently identify training gaps and complement and assist the teacher during lessons.
- Adhere to and promote NRC’s Child Safeguarding policy in your interaction with children under your care
- Conduct teaching in a manner that promotes the social and emotional wellbeing of learners
- Teach all subjects to primary learners (normally slightly over-age) on alternative education programmes (accelerated, catch-up) at the primary level with the aim of them returning to normal school to take the KCPE.
- To serve as a model and mentor for inexperienced teacher colleagues.
- To provide on-the-job training, mentor, and supervise inexperienced teachers.
- Take the lead in guiding the teaching team on the lesson content while referring to the curricular provided.
- Document the day-to-day progress which is to be used for the improvement of the program.
- Deliver lessons and organize learning activity sessions in the subject of specialization.
- Together with the Education Officer, prepare the learning scheme of work and required lesson plans
- Keep records of students’ attendance, progress and assessment.
- Prepare and administer continuous assessment tests and internal examinations to assess learners’ progress and knowledge assimilation
- Together the senior ALP teachers submit evaluations, attendance sheets and monthly reports to the Head Teacher and Education Officer.
- Ensure availability of all the necessary teaching aids and materials in liaison with the senior ALP teachers
- Remain up to date on pedagogical methods and ensure a child-friendly environment where each child’s need are identified and addressed.
- Monitor and support each learner and inform students of their progress.
- Maintain good communications with parents concerning the progress of their children.
- Hold P1 Certificate/Education or recognized two-year Diploma.
- Must be registered with TSC.
- Have five years of teaching experience in Primary School
- High level of personal integrity, cultural awareness & sensitivity and empathy for children.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills and teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Experience in Mentoring.
- Having simple individual counseling and conflict resolution skills
- Keen in ensuring accuracy and precision in all his/her works with attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented, with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 7th November 2021.