Who Are We?
The mission of Humanitarian Affairs is to empower young people and inspire youth who are passionate about positive social change. We aim to equip young emerging leaders with the right skills and tools to spark a generation of dynamic individuals paving the way for social change.
Humanitarian Affairs is affiliated to the United Nations Global Compact, World Association of Non-Governmental Organization, International Association for Voluntary Efforts and the World Alliance for Citizens Participation.
The 2020 Peace Summit
Humanitarian Affairs Asia is organizing the 2nd Peace Summit of Emerging Leaders. The summit aims to gather young leaders from different parts of the world to give them a new perspective and a broader understanding on peacebuilding.
The summit features keynote speakers, networking sessions and interactive workshops to prepare and empower young leaders to be a champion of peace.
The summit aims to:
- Encourage delegates to creatively think about practical ways to affect positive change within their communities through social projects.
- Promote peace and non-violence as a form of effective diplomacy among emerging global leaders.
- Encourage delegates to think about social issues that the global community faces today, and to apply critical thinking skills on solutions to these challenges.
- Provide access to unique educational opportunities in which delegates can learn knowledge in peacebuilding.
Have a look at the 2018 Peace Summit Video:
Benefits for students:
- Opportunity to initiate peacebuilding efforts as a Humanitarian Affairs Peace Ambassador for a period of up to 1-year.
- Network with like-minded individuals who are passionate about Peace.
- Add to their social impact experiences and enhanced their global citizenship education.
For more information about the summit, speakers, and registration, please refer to the attached brochure and click here for the post-event report of the previous summit.
Pre-requisites for delegates:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 17-35 years old.
- They should be passionate about social change, global issues and current affairs.
- A self-initiated 1-year opportunity to promote peace as a Humanitarian Affairs Peace Ambassador.
Interested students could write into us for ideas on self-funding to support their participation at the summit. The 2020 Peace Summit of Emerging Leaders is at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok, Thailand from February 5 to 7, 2020.
Global Partnership Associate
Humanitarian Affairs Asia
Inspiring Individuals. Transforming Communities.