Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp-up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
ARTISAN INSTRUMENTATION – WINDERS AND UNDERGROUND (X1)
This position reports to the Instrumentation Foreman – Winders
Core Purpose of the Position
To work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Responsible for carrying out maintenance and other equipment for the section
- Completes assignments of repair and planned works as instructed by the supervisor
- Ensure he uses the right tools for the job and maintains them properly
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults, practice loss management principles
- Maintenance of programmable logic controllers and peripheral units
- Maintenance of SCADA hardware components and operations
- Mentor and train production crew operators on plant equipment
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts
- Conduct risk assessments
- Follow laid out work safety, maintenance procedures and fill in appropriate task checklist
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years work experience in mining industry a must
- Grade twelve with five O levels which must include English.
- Qualified in instrumentation (certified Craft / Technician or equivalent)
- Member of EIZ/ ERB
- Ability to read and interpret PID drawings, electrical drawings and hydraulic drawings
- Ability and desire to keep up-to-date with technological developments in the field
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques to lift between 11 and 25 kilograms
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Good communication and reading skills
- Good team player and able to coordinate work with other engineering trades on the job site