Budget/Finance Officer at Nyamira County Public Service Board…How to Apply.
The mandate of the Board is contained in section 59 of the County Government Acts 2012. These include establishing and abolishing offices in the County Public Service, appointing persons who hold and act in offices of the Public service among others. Achievements For the time the Board has been in office it has managed to put in place critical structures to enable the County Government to operate efficiently Targets To ensure that all the Departments have adequate staff to enable them deliver services. Projects Development of appropriate policies, values , standards, systems and processes inhuman resource management and development Capacity development and management of human resource Event The Board is currently undertaking recruitment of staff for the department of public works and that of Finance and Planning. VISION “A leading County in efficient utilization of resources, effective provision of essential services, industrial growth and development initiatives for improved quality of life for all” MISSION To foster the County’s economic growth through inten
Nyamira County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Terms of service: Permanent & Pensionable
Job Group: JG ’J’
Salary as per Salaries & Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
Basic Salary: Kshs. 31,270 – 41,260 p.m
House Allowance: Kshs. 4,200 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.a
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Compile and format financial statements
- Initial monitor budgets
- Prepare budget reports on budget implementation
- Prepare of budgetary policy issues
- Prepare county budgets
- Prepare quarterly expenditure forecasts as a basis for discussion with county treasury for release of funds
- Prepare proposal to seek funding
- Analyze project proposal and budget estimates
- Prepare technical briefs
- Assist departments in costing programs
- Determine performance indicators of programs
For appointment to this grade an officer must have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics/Statistics, Mathematics or related field from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant II
- Demonstrated knowledge of public financial management practices
- Knowledge of computer based accounting applications
- Public Finance Practices and knowledge of relevant professional standards including IFRS will be an added advantage
- Certificate in computer applications skills relevant to budget preparation from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified persons willing to apply are requested to submit their applications online via Cpsb.nyamira.go.ke accompanied by a copy of National Identity Card, a detailed C.V, copies of all relevant Certificates and testimonials, copies of clearance certificates from: –
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission – EACC,
- Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA,
- National Police Service Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate),
- Credit Reference
- HELB(Higher Education Loan Board)
to reach the Nyamira County Public Service Board. No physical applications will be received in the office.
Nyamira County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 434-40500,
Closing Date : 9th May, 2021