Business Support Coordinator Job – Tax at Deloitte… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Deloitte.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies
- Ensure that the Tax & Legal department complies with the Firm’s Quality, Independence, Risk & Reputation processes;
- Ensure completion of the Engagement Acceptance (EA) Forms in consultation with the Opportunity Partner/ Manager;
- Review and discuss opportunity and engagement monitoring reports regularly with the responsible Partner/ Manager;
- Assist managers to capture clients and opportunities on the Phoenix system, conduct high-level conflict checks, follow up on client acceptances/continuance with respective approvers and follow up with opportunity managers and directors on outstanding checks/approvals;
- Assist opportunity teams in logging conflict checks on the system and following up as appropriate to ensure queries are addressed;
- Follow up with the Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) and other approvers required as per the conflict check outcome;
- Provide assistance to managers on the Deloitte Entity Search and Compliance System (DESC) by facilitating the logging and follow up of service requests;
- Monitor business relationships and follow up with managers and directors regarding outstanding actions;
- Create and file relevant contract documents and letters of engagement on the system;
- Keep file archival tracker up to date and follow up as appropriate with Managers to ensure files are archived and share regular reports;
- Assist the Tax & Legal Department execute strategy sessions and tracking on progress of strategic initiatives;
- Support in business development and training initiatives;
- Support the Tax and Legal Finance team on day to day finance initiatives including billings, working capital and debtors management;
- Timely escalation of issues identified; and
- Any other duties that may be allocated to support Tax & Legal function.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in the service industry.
- Good understanding of risk management, finance, compliance systems and processes.
- Strong administration skills and ability to drive a task to completion and work with limited supervision.