The Charter Oak State College Admission requirements for the academic year have been released. The list contains the names of applicants that have been accepted into the school.
The management of Charter Oak State College Admission has released the list of requirements for admission into the institution.
Charter Oak State College Admission & Requirements
Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Requirements for Admission
Charter Oak State College seeks to serve all persons regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and employment policies as well as in the policies governing all programs that it offers or administers.
The requirements for admission as a degree candidate are that the applicant:
- be sixteen years of age or older;
- has earned at least nine college-level credits from a regionally accredited college or university, in the armed services, by evaluation of non-collegiate sponsored instruction, or by completing standardized college-level proficiency examinations with a score that is acceptable for credit toward a Charter Oak State College degree. OR
- has earned a high school diploma or its equivalency
- is able to speak and write standard English.
- Some degree programs, e.g. RN/ADN to BSN, have additional admissions criteria.
- Some undergraduate certificate programs have additional admissions requirements. Please refer to the specific program of interest.
- Students must have proof of a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent (e.g., G.E.D.) to be eligible to receive Title IV student financial aid.
- Students who provide false information on their application or on their financial aid application or provide false transcripts will not be accepted. If students, after being accepted, provide false information to the college, they will be dismissed.”
- A student who is accepted into the College with a career GPA lower than a 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. The student will need to earn a 2.0 career GPA by the end of 12 credits or be dismissed from the College. If a student earns a career GPA of 2.0 before completing the 12 credits, the probation status will be lifted.
- While the student is on probation, the student can take no more than 6 credits a semester.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
All Applicants to the Master’s degree programs must meet the following requirements and submit requested documents:
- *A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or international institution equivalent to the U.S. regionally accredited institution, with a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Three years of relevant work experience required, five preferred (MS OEL only).
- An Essay (500-750 words) describing your specific career goals and objectives, prior experience relevant to the decision to pursue an advanced degree and other information that may be useful to the admissions committee.
- Professional Resume
*Students with GPA’s between 2.7 and 3.0 may apply. If accepted, grades of B or better must be achieved in the first two courses to continue the program.
Charter Oak State College Contact
Charter Oak State College
55 Paul Manafort Dr
New Britain, CT 06053