Chief Officer Executive at Bomet County…How to Apply.
Bomet County is located in the former Rift Valley Province bordering Kericho County to the North and North East, Narok County to the South East, South, and South West, and Nyamira County to the North West. The county, listed electoral number 36, has Bomet town as its administrative center and covers a total area of 1,997.90 Sq Km. His Excellency Isaac Rutto, EGH, who is also the Chairman of The Council of Governors, is serving his first term as the governor of the county and is deputized by His Excellency Stephen Mutai. As per the 2009 National Census, the county had a total population of 730,129 of which 49% were males while 51% were females. Bomet County has five electoral constituencies thus: Sotik Constituency Bomet Central Constituency Bomet East Constituency Chepalungu Constituency and, Konoin Constituency
Terms of Service: Contract (Fixed term contract)
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
Duties and Responsibilities
The administration of a County Department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Providing Strategic Policy direction for effective service delivery
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance and Principles and values of Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya respectively
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the person should:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing.
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than Ten (10) years in the relevant field, Five (5) of which must have been at a managerial position.
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Be computer literate
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Salary: As prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 8th May, 2021