Biography of Churchill & Net Worth 2020.
Daniel “Churchill” Ndambuki(Born 30 October 1977) is a Kenyan comedian who hosts the comedy television show Churchill Show on NTV Kenya on Sundays and Thursdays. Churchill was born in Kitui town but moved to Machakos. He has worked in the comedy industry since 1996 and has now become a household name in Kenya. He launched the Churchill Live Comedy Show in September 2008 but was renamed Churchill Show during its third season in 2012. The show has given a platform to hundreds of comedians in the country, the most successful ones being Eric Omondi, Teacher Wanjiku, Professor Hammo, MCA Tricky, Jemutai, Magazine (DJ Shitii) and Dr Kingori.
Number One Show
Churchill has brought a new and fresh style of comedy to the Kenyan airwaves and mainstream media since early 2000, which has garnered him hundreds of thousands to millions of fans on radio, television, and the Internet. Churchill is now a Kenyan household name.
Ndambuki’s wide recognition as a comedian started heightening in all-time hit comedy show “Redykyulass” in which he acted alongside Walter Mongare(Nyambane), Peter Kaimenyi (Kajairo), Maurice Otieno (Mdomo Baggy), John Kiarie (KJ) and Anthony Njuguna. Ndambuki currently boasts a successive Live TV, the Churchill Live.
His hit show Churchill Live has increasingly become East Africa’s most popular and hilarious TV Show in addition to gaining momentous international interest from comedy enthusiasts in the US, the UK, India, Germany, and the rest of the world.
He hosts a weekly NTV show “Churchill Show” with live recordings on Thursdays at the Carnivore Restaurant which has become “a must-attend” event, Churchill’s show is in its fourth edition and currently the number one show in East and Central Africa with a viewership of 11,000,000 Kenyans across the country, according to ratings.
Churchill became the first Kenyan to hit 1,000,000 likes on Facebook, by now he has garnered over 2,000,000 fan base in social network Facebook. the highest of any individual celebrity in Kenya. He is also the CEO of his company Laugh Industry Kenya.
Churchill Show Comedy TV program is now in Season 6 and has featured influential personalities, politicians and big entertainment names and all remarkable people across the socio-economic continuum “Interviews with Kenyan big names combined with a touch of Churchill’s brand of comedy doused in comic brilliance on production makes it a programme on par with none. All the while not forgetting the lighter note in “Toto’s corner”
Churchill as a mentor and pioneer in the industry of the genre, has managed to grow the comedy Industry in East Africa by scouting and nurturing talent. Initially with a talent search program dubbed ‘Top Comic’ that have put forward leading comedy brands, now there is the two weekly shows that air on TV i.e. #ChurchillShow & #ChurchillRaw…this offer a platform that acts as a spring board for the new talents and brands.
Working with a creative team of 20 mentors. The academy has managed to create 73 new comedians and counting, that have so far entered the market and are becoming household names with a thousands others still in training and more signing up everyday!
Awards & Honors
The Churchill Comedy Brand has grown by leaps and bounds and garnered loads of awards and honours including but not limited to:
- 2015 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- Overall Personality of The Year
- 2015 Bingwa Music Awards (BMA) – Showbiz Personality Of The Year
- 2014 PRISK Award – for being a founding director
- 2014 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Production Of TV Comedy Recorded Before A Live Audience
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Best TV Stand-up Comedy Show
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Male TV Stand-up Comedian
- 2014 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Comedy
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- Overall personality of the year
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) –Most influential Media Personality
- 2014 Transform Kenya Awards -Winner in the Arts & Culture Category
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Winner Best TV Stand Up Comedy
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Comedy Mentor Award
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Winner Facebook Fan page Of the Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Overall Social Media Personality Of The Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Television Show Of The Year
- 2013 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Comedy Kenyan Pig Cat And Dogs – Heartstrings Kenya
- 2012 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards – Winner Best Personal Branding Effort
- 2012 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Entertainment Churchill Live – Cinematic Solutions/ Laugh Industry
- 2012 UK Kenya Achievers Award For Excellence In Comedy
- 2011 State Commendation Award -Order Of The Grand Warrior (OGW)
- 2011 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards -Best Personal Branding Award
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ TV Comedy Or Reality Show
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ Role Model
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner -Best Comedy Program
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner – Best TV Program Overall
- 2007 Word Of Life Winner Theatre Person Of Year
- 1999 Mavuno Awards Winner Best Narrator.
Churchill Net Worth
Churchill Show net worth;
Churchill Show income;