Cost Controller at Cold Springs Hotels Homabay… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Cold Springs Hotels Homabay.
Cold Springs Hotel is an Hotel situated in Homa Bay Town along Homa Bay-Kendu Bay Road. The name is a fuse of Springs naturally falls from small volcano rocks to collect cold water at the base basin.
- Report on all stock movement and stock position daily, weekly and monthly
- Participate in management, control, salvage and usage of usable left over food items.
- Track and advise the F&B manager and the Executive chef on the latest trends on portion costing, so that they can adequately price
- Manage staff meals budget and provide the monthly cost on the same
- Maintain and conduct inventory of bar and beverages stock
- Prepare daily cost, potential sales, actual sales report and investigate any variances
- Prepare a daily food and beverage cost by costing all requisitions and direct issues
- Check on the budgets, cost and suggest effective methods of managing variances
- Ensure accuracy of the stores stock
- Prepare a monthly update of all cost and pricing to ensure the same is in line with the Hotels budget
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Perform weekly inventory reconciliation i.e. physical stock with the stock in the system and advise management on the cause of deviations (if any).
- Ensure no item is issued out of the store without a requisition with proper authorization
- Check and confirm the prices on our menus are captured correctly on POs.
- Perform periodic checks on the value of the restaurant food Vs posted food totals, perform spot check on bins
- Conduct that monthly inventory is conducted on food, beverage, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cleaning materials, re-saleable, empties, linen, stationery, and disposable
- Prepare monthly reports for accounts department
- 3years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star hotel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting /Commerce
- Working knowledge of financial principles & F&B controls
- Working knowledge of Inventory & POS Systems – Micros Fidelio / Materials Controls is preferable
- Good computer skills: MS Excel, Receiving Software, Inventory system & Micros POS
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 November. 2021