County Solicitor Job at Nairobi City County Public Service Board… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nairobi City County Public Service Board.
Our mission is tp provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality services, enhancing community participation and creating a secure climate for political,social and economic development through the commitment of a motivated and dedicated team.
The County Solicitor shall be the principal assistant of the County Attorney in the execution of the functions of the County Attorney under the County Government Act and any other written law;
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University recognized in Kenya or its equivalent;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of not less than five (5) years having relevant professional experience and hold a current practicing certificate;
- Meets the requirements of leadership and integrity set out in Chapter six of Constitution of Kenya;
- Be a member of Law Society of Kenya in good standing.
- Knowledge in records of relevant laws and professional standards.
- Ensuring Compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethic and integrity.
- A master’s Degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
In addition to the above requirements, a candidate should have the following
- Integrity and commitment to produce results.
- Creativity, innovativeness, technical problem-solving skills, resource management, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrable planning and organizational skills; and
- Personal responsibility/the willingness to accept responsibilities for own actions and outcomes.
- Organizing, coordinating and managing the administrative and legal functions of the office
- Assisting, the County Attorney in the performance of his duties as the principal Legal Advisor to the County Executive.
- Conducting or assigning a supervising all court cases including appeals or positions on behalf of the County Attorney.
- Formulating and ensuring implementation of development strategies for County Government legal services;
- Supporting in drafting and publication of legislative proposals for the County Government;
- Ensuring amendments where necessary of County Laws
- Representing the County Government in Court Tribunals, OCA of inquiry and
- Any other legal proceedings which the County is a party or has interest, other than criminal proceedings which the County is a party or has interest, other than criminal proceedings and perform any other function conferred on in by law.
- Manage and periodically review performance of external counsel
- Performing the duties of the Accounting Officer in the office of the County Attorney
- Undertaking duties of alternate Chairperson of the Disciplinary Tribunal;
- Coordinating and supervising the training and development of staff and attachment of candidates for pupillage in the office and;
- Performing such other duties as may be conferred by law or otherwise assigned to the County Solicitor – General by the County Attorney.