The U.S Embassy in Kenya has publicized an alert platform for travellers called “SMART TRAVELER ENROLLMENT PROGRAM” or simply S.T.E.P.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals travelling and living abroad to enrol their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It is a service of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
Benefits of Enrolling in S.T.E.P;
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
How to Enroll for U.S Embassy S.T.E.P
- Visit the official S.T.E.P Portal HERE.
- Upon access to the portal, click ‘Create Account’ to create your account and profile (If you’ve not registered before).
- If you’ve registered before or had an account, click ‘Log in’ to access your S.T.E.P account.
- Once registered, you’ll be notified of your eligibility and application procedures. (note that you’ll be notified in the space of a week or two via your mail or phone number).
- If you would like to create an Organization/Group account, click here.
Due to global break down caused by COVID-19, Intending travellers should ensure to enrol for the S.T.E.P, to ease their trip application process.