EPI Officer Job at International Rescue Committee… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Supervising all EPI and Covid-19 vaccination activities at a designated health facility and during the outreaches.
- Ensure that all mothers and caregivers are understand adverse event following Immunization.
- Ensure that cold chain is maintained at the EPI Store.
- Collect data in link with vaccination activities and submit to M&E or team leader.
- Follow-up adverse event following immunization (AEFI) among vaccinated children and clients who received Covid-19 vaccines.
- Identifying and managing as appropriate, the defaulter tracing ways/mechanism together with the CHPOs to achieve low dropout rates.
- Responsible for supervision of Immunization clinics and vaccine administration.
- Ensuring that all required indicators are followed up on regular manner and various interventions put in place to ensure good immunization coverages.
- Performing Covid-19 vaccine and other RI vaccines forecasting and ordering from the Regional DVI/NVIP store.
- Conducting regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases, charting and vaccination.
- Giving regular health education to caregiver and clients on various immunization issues.
- Compiling and timely submitting all relevant immunization reports using whichever reporting tools adopted by the organization or programs.
- Monitoring and supervising proper usage of supplies at the assigned EPI departments or units.
- Taking care of equipment to ensure they are maintained in good condition and submit regular inventory report and vaccines stocks of the same to the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervising the EPI nurse /incentive staff working in EPI at a designated Health facility.
- Providing clear handover reports when going for leave.
- Together with the facility incharges, organize for adequate clinic or EPI coverage when required.
- Support the surveillance officer in surveillance for notifiable diseases.
- Preparing budgets and proposal in conjunction with the health manager.
- Carrying out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing from KMTC or a diploma in nursing from a recognized nursing training institution.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies
- At least 2 years working experience in a MCH and immunization clinic setup.
- Computer literate.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers.
- Experience in implementing child health and immunization interventions in hard-to-reach populations.
- Experience in rolling out social behavior change strategy in vulnerable populations.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Training on Immunization and IDSR is key.
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461