Events Coordinator Job at United Nations Office at Nairobi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Office at Nairobi.
United Nations and regional organizations; provides administrative and other support services to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat); provides joint and common services to other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya, as applicable; and manages and implements the programmes of administration, conference services and public information and provides security and safety services for United Nations staff and facilities in the United Nations Office at Nairobi.
- Organizes and coordinates preparatory meetings, retreats, workshops, hospitality and official visits for DAS.
- Assists to coordinate official mission for the Director of Administration, including logistical requirements, provision of travel itineraries and meeting planning.
- Drafts agenda, reports, official programmes, notes/minutes of meetings, retreats, workshops, official visits. Ensures smooth workflow. Prepares list of participants and relevant focal points.
- Liaises with focal points efficiently and updates all information/documentation and disseminates quickly to relevant stakeholders.
- Assists to prepare On Behalf of Travel Requests and Expense Claims as required.
- Follows up on action points and all other matters emerging from the event until resolved.
- Supports all logistical requirements, accommodation, official transport where applicable, travel itineraries, invitations, liaising/bookings of venues. Ensures distribution of documents, are done well in advance of the meeting/conference/event so as to ensure convening according to schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates based on procurement, facilities, transport, IT and human resources requirements of events.
- Sources coding blocks from clients and UNON BFMS for the event as required.
- Organizes and maintains reference material and background documents in DAS document repository.
- Maintains statistics in database of events based on requests and shares the list indicating the interpretation requirements, venue, date and other relevant information, on a quarterly basis with Budget section for purposes of cost recovery as necessary. Coordinates with Division of Conference Services as required.
- Sources event facilities, meeting rooms, equipment, both on and off the campus.
- Maintains an accurate record of speakers and/or an attendance record.
- Undertakes research and provides reference materials for preparation of briefs, notes and statements for the chairperson of the event.
- Ensures reports of events meet the UN document standards.
- Prepares floor plan of seating arrangements in accordance with meeting requirements and UN protocol if requested.
- Attends all coordination/planning meetings and follows up on agreed action items.
- Drafts correspondence and notes for signature.
- Act as back up for other staff on administrative/programmatic functions in the Office of the Director.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for the Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of written assessment or interview.
- Seven (7) years of administrative experience in a coordination function or event management role is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience in events organization or related area, with proven ability to multi-task is required.
- Experience working in international organizations such as the United Nations and similar multi-national organizations is desirable.
- Experience working with social media tools and applications in an official capacity is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2022.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461