Finance and Administration Assistant Job at African Technology Policy Studies Network… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at African Technology Policy Studies Network.
The ATPS is a trans-disciplinary network of researchers, policymakers, private sector actors and the civil society that promote the generation, dissemination, use and mastery of STI for African development, environmental sustainability and global inclusion.
- Allocate and post expenses in the Pastel System to respective donors and grants
- Monitor daily petty cash and ensure the safe custody of all cash at hand
- Verify payments requests and prepare payment vouchers
- Maintain Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable andFinance and Administration Assistant Job at African Technology Policy Studies Network Prepayments subsidiary ledgers
- Process staffs’ travel expenses statements and conference participants’ travel expense statements
- Liaise with ATPS National Coordinators in order to assist with the smooth operation of their respective chapters
- Initiate month-end or period-end closing activities and post Journal Vouchers
- Prepare audit schedules.
- Update the cashbook on daily basis and analyze receipts and payments for posting to the general ledger.
- Reconcile the bank & cashbook balances and other general ledger accounts every month
- Facilitate payment of statutory deductions to the relevant authorities.
- Update the Fixed Assets Register and process the depreciation journal every month
- Ensure that internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and Annual Budgets
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor or any Authorized Officer.
- A Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration (Finance option), or any other related discipline from a recognized university is required.
- Must be a CPA Finalist.
Skills and competences;
- Strong organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities within a time-pressured environment;
- Strong coordination, facilitation & negotiation skills;
- At least 3 years proven experience as a Finance and Administration Assistant, preferably with an International organization.
- Proficiency in using computers and standard office and accounting software packages (MS Word, Excel, Pastel etc.).
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English is required
- Qualified female applicants will be given priority considerations.
How to Apply
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2021.