Free State School of Nursing Hostel Accommodation & Fees 2023/2024 | Free State School of Nursing Online Accommodation Application, How to Apply for Free State School of Nursing Accommodation & Criteria.
South African Nursing Council is the body entrusted to set and maintain standards of nursing education and practice in the Republic of South Africa. It is an autonomous, financially independent, statutory body, initially established by the Nursing Act, of 1944 (Act No. 45 of 1944), and currently operating under the Nursing Act, of 2005 (Act No. 33 of 2005).
Setting and Monitoring of Standards
In terms of Section 3 of the Nursing Act, 2005, the Nursing Council is to establish, improve and control conditions, standards, and quality of nursing education and training.
Section 4 of the Nursing Act makes provision for the accreditation and inspection of nursing education institutions, the monitoring of assessments conducted by accredited institutions, the conducting of nursing examinations, and the granting of diplomas and certificates.
Section 58(1)(f) of the Nursing Act, 2005 provides for the making of regulations relating to qualifications and the conditions to be complied with, which entitle a person to be registered as a nursing practitioner (education and training regulations).
South African Nursing Council is involved in the monitoring of nursing standards by:
- registering nurse practitioners, therefore permitting them to practise as nurses;
- accreditation of new nursing education institutions and nursing education programmes;
- inspection of nursing education institutions and clinical facilities;
- constantly reviewing nursing education and training to be in line with the needs of the Republic of South Africa; and
- providing counselling and guidance to the nursing profession regarding the implementation of the nursing education and training policies.
The objectives of the South African Nursing Council are to:
- serve and protect the public in matters involving health services generally and nursing services in particular;
- perform its functions in the best interests of the public and in accordance with national health policy as determined by the Minister;
- promote the provision of nursing services to the inhabitants of the Republic that complies with universal norms and values;
- establish, improve, control conditions, standards and quality of nursing education and training within the ambit of this Act and any other applicable laws;
- maintain professional conduct and practice standards for practitioners within the ambit of any applicable law;
- promote and maintain liaison and communication with all stakeholders regarding nursing standards, and in particular standards of nursing education and training and professional conduct and practice both in and outside the Republic;
- advise the Minister on the amendment or adaptation of this Act regarding matters pertaining to nursing;
- be transparent and accountable to the public in achieving its objectives and in performing its functions;
- uphold and maintain professional and ethical standards within nursing; and
- promote the strategic objectives of the Council.
Excellence in professionalism and advocacy for health care users.
We serve and protect healthcare users by regulating the nursing and midwifery professions.
Guided by our values
The South African Nursing Council Mandate
The SANC regulates the nursing profession by establishing and maintaining nursing education and training and practice standards; it also advocates on behalf of the public in matters concerning nursing.
The Free State School of Nursing is pleased to inform local and international students who want to apply for accommodation in the institution to complete the application form online.
How To Apply For Free State School of Nursing Hostel Accommodation
Follow the lead below to apply for accommodation at the Free State School of Nursing:
- Visit: www.sanc.co.za
- Check for the Application Form.
- Log in to continue with the application.
Note: Only shortlisted students for accommodation allocation shall be notified.