Gender & Youth Inclusion Advisor Job at Kenya Markets Trust… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Markets Trust.
Kenya Markets Trust is a Kenyan non-governmental organization that works in partnership with the private sector; non-governmental organizations; county and national governments; associations and other local and international partners to unleash large scale, sustainable market growth by changing the underlying incentives, capacities, and rules that shape how market systems work.
- Develop the gender and youth mainstreaming strategy for the program and oversee its implementation.
- Support in activity implementation, monitoring to ensure they reflect the gender lens.
- Support the program teams in generating lessons learned from the integration of gender and youth strategies & action plans to effectively engage women, youth and other vulnerable groups.
- Identify policy, legal or regulatory constraints that present challenges or opportunities for gender, youth, and other vulnerable groups and institute strategies of overcoming the same in collaboration with the target county governments, water utilities, target communities and/or private sector.
- Supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as related to the Gender and Youth Strategy and action plans.
- Design the gender & youth inclusion training curriculum & materials and manage their dissemination to program staff, partners, and beneficiaries – target county governments, water utilities, communities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all interventions from their design, inclusion in the annual work plans, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting to USAID
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies or relevant discipline. Preferred Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience in providing technical assistance support on gender & youth integration issues to public and/or private sector actors.
- Experience in developing training curriculum and conducting training to staff, partners, county governments and utilities.
- Experience working collaboratively with institutional and private‐sector partners and stakeholders in Kenya with a good understanding of WASH development dynamics in Western Kenya.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2021.