Head of Digital Transformation Job at Greenpeace International… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Greenpeace International.
- Contribute to the development and realization of the Digital Transformation and Digital Maturity Strategies of the global network and specific NROs, to ensure Technology Transformation input is incorporated into organizational goals.
- Steer digital maturity initiatives to be in line with the Greenpeace Technology Vision recommendations, global strategies and organizational principles.
- Provide strategic and direct support to NROs in their digital maturation process, including facilitating training and developing tools that enable their work.
- Act as a champion for digital transformation, providing leadership and support for the emergent community of practice around digital transformation.
- Support the organization to measure its progress against its digital maturity goals and map where it wishes to be in a rapidly changing landscape.
- Ensure impact objectives from across the Greenpeace network are integrated and prioritized so they deliver strategic benefits.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (People & Culture, Insights, Programme, Engagement, IT, Operations, Organisational Development, Finance) to manage the programme and realize benefits including planning and control, stakeholder engagement, risk and issue management, budget management, governance and reporting.
- Provide regular project updates to the global organization, GPI Strategic Management Team and Executive Director community.
- Line manage DXSC staff.
- Be accountable for budget management and contract administration of consultants.
- Ensure the DXSC’s Ways of Working and project team compositions include change management and culture change expertise.
- Leadership experience in an organization of significant scale and complexity, operating at senior level, developing and implementing digital strategy.
- Significant experience with demonstrable success leading digital transformation processes, data management, digital engagement or technology infrastructure programmes.
- Experience of leading change processes and building organizational capability.
- Excellent communications skills, with the proven ability to translate technical language to non-experts in a clear and engaging manner.
- A proactive and confident approach in generating and leading new initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, evolving workplace, demonstrating resilience and accountability, including the ability to handle tension amongst stakeholders.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills that can deliver positive outcomes.
- Experience in a global context, with a proven commitment to fostering a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2021.