Health and Nutrition Programme Manager Job at We World… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at We World.
We promote and safeguard the rights to inclusion of women, children and teenagers in Italy and throughout the world, on the basic assumption that the safeguard of women’s rights is a mandatory condition to achieve respect of children’s rights and, vice versa, the protection of children’s rights is most important for the achievement of women’s rights.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned Health and nutrition interventions(s), working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes of the projects are delivered.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and effective Health and Nutrition strategy in consultation with other WeWorld staff at country and HQ level.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for Health and Nutrition activities in collaboration with the field managers and where appropriate, with the local communities
- Continuously monitor and supervise Health and Nutrition activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Provide input into the integration of Health and Nutrition interventions in all aspects of WeWorld programming.
- Represent WeWorld in Health and Nutrition technical forums and build relationships with external partners (e.g. community leaders, local and National Government officials UN and other NGOs)
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in We World’s Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Ensures that projects are implemented according to the contract signed with the donor, its rules and indications (e.g. visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting etc), and We World GVC internal procedures.
- Ensures proper planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the We World GVC Health and Nutrition projects
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and externally with relevant actors (including donors, partners, appropriate cluster leads and local authorities)
- Explore the scope for further possible partnerships between the WeWorld and various governmental and non-governmental organisations for effective implementation and enhanced sustainability of the programmes’ activities and outcomes
- Supports identification and formulation of new concept notes and project proposals in the area/region Identification and promotion of fundraising opportunities to co-fund the project
- Facilitates synergies, collaborations and sharing of best-practices among We World GVC project areas in Kenya to effectively and efficiently implement We World GVC activities in Health and Nutrition.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Country Representative
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Higher levels of qualification in a technical filed preferably in Public Health, WASH or Environmental health.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Health and programming in both a development and emergency context.
- Experience working with and through local partners in ASAL contexts
- Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County level.
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, child Protection, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Computer applications and report writing skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461