Health Communication Specialist Job at Embassy of The United States… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at the Embassy of The United States.
The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya. The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
- Serves as the Communication Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director.
- Undertakes the development of a complete communication strategy that promotes information sharing for CDC Kenya and provision to Program officials of advisory, planning, and technical services in designing approaches, resolving public affairs problems in various program areas under the ambit of CDC Kenya.
- Leads and directs the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and marketing program, including the establishing of goals and objectives, instituting policies, programs, and activities, and ensuring integration with other research, surveillance, and prevention activities.
- Provides coordination and quality assurance for all communication and marketing activities, assures the health information is accurately and appropriately represented to diverse constituencies; applies communication and marketing solutions for complex and controversial problems.
- Conducts analyses and assessments affecting program and policy decisions and relationships at all governmental levels.
- Participates in scientific meetings, colloquia and internal and external government venues requiring knowledge and understanding of CDC’s communication and marketing and applicable programmatic activities, goals and objectives.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Mass Communication, Journalism, or Public Relations is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with a focus on Health Communication is required.
- English level IV (Fluent, Writing/Speaking/Reading) is required. This may be tested.
- Kiswahili Level IV (Fluent, Writing, Speaking, Reading) is required.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 8th December 2021.