Health System Strengthening/Quality Improvement Lead Job at University of Nairobi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at University of Nairobi.
The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established under the Universities Act 2012 of the laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter, is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region. The only institution of higher learning in Kenya for a long time, the University of Nairobi responded to the national, regional and Africa’s high level manpower training needs by developing and evolving strong, diversified academic programmes and specializations in basic sciences, applied sciences, technology, humanities, social sciences and the arts.
- Keep abreast of developments in county health system priorities and investments as well as program changes and progress tadvise and recommend tools and strategies tincrease
- Project and Program performances and results.
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels tfacilitate implementation of HSS activities.
- Provide technical support tcounty/sub county/facility Teams tdevelop Monitoring and Evaluation plans aligned tthe County HIV/ AIDS, TB strategic plans.
- Support all program/county teams timprove data use for the decentralized HIV, TB response.
- Work closely across other technical leads and S/County teams tsupport coordinated investments in health systems infrastructure and connectivity directly aligned and partnering with relevant stakeholders as well as other IPs
- Build capacity of program/facility teams in M&E and Quality Improvement for the Decentralized response.
- Coordinate the review and analysis of program reports, tidentify and act on potential bottlenecks in project implementation and tenhance quality of implementation and reporting.
- Provide appropriate and facilitative follow-up actions tensure effective implementation of project strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, or Health Management or related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in public health programs with at least four (4) years exposure tthe President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded programs and in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
- Must have prior experience in capacity building, such as developing content, planning, and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
- Demonstrable experience in health systems strengthening.
Terms of appointment
This is a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract, renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience.