Human Resources Officer Job at Islamic Relief… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Islamic Relief.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection process of staff
- Coordinate orientation for new employees, receive all new staff and ensure new staff have completed the process
- Conduct orientation and induction of new hires
- Advice HR coordinator the reporting dates of each new employee or any other changes in staffing for payroll action
- Providing support in the recruitment/hiring processes that may include posting job openings,
- Organizing resumes and job applications, scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview processes
- Induction and assisting new employee prior to placement
- Ensure that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to Organization policies and procedures and support managers on the orientation of new employees
- Preparing new employee files and ensuring all required documents are in place.
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
- Assist the Human Resource Coordinator in conducting background checks which include candidate’s documents/information verification.
- Assist the Human Resource Coordinator in Payroll processing.
- Assist in the enrolment of new staff into the payroll system.
- Assist the Human Resource Coordinator in the sharing of pays lips upon payroll approval on a Monthly basis.
- Answering payroll questions and facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Prepare monthly payroll data for payroll change file in collaboration with Human Resource Coordinator
- Coordinate the administration of benefits by working closely with insurance to manage staff enrolments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, Schedule periodic insurance benefits orientation for all staff members.
- Ensure all leave plans are shared at the beginning of every year by staff
- File all staff leaves accordingly electronically and in staff physical files
- Updating staff leave balances on HRIS system
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance services, ensure proper function of the office, coordinate all repairs in coordination with logistics office
- Responsible for receipt of HR stationers and control of the same
- Raise AX purchase requisition for administration cost in consultation with finance department
Key skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management preferably augmented with a Higher Diploma or a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP-K);
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge in the Kenyan Labor laws and Industrial Relations.
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Recruitment.Irk@islamic-relief.or.ke
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 2nd March 2022.