Industrial Relations Manager Job at Kenya Airways… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Airways.
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Develop and modify ER policies and procedures; conduct training, manage and coach team of ER & IR matters.
- Liaison in industrial relations matters – attend periodic Union meetings across the network, conciliation meetings with union and labour officers including negotiations for CBA and act as the Company’s witness where applicable.
- Ensure consistent application of industrial relations policies and procedures as well as monitoring of staff motivation levels with a view of promoting employee satisfaction.
- Create and implement all industrial relations related practices, policies, procedures and strategies with the goal of promoting a positive culture and high employee performance.
- Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, industrial and labour relations, union matters and all matters pertaining to employee relations
- Monitor and ensure the best interests of the Company are represented and implemented in disputes and Court matters.
- Main liaison to the Legal Department and the entire organization in Employee disputes and Court litigation.
- In conjunction with the other relevant parties in HR, develop, implement, and update Human Resources employment policies and procedures.
- Act as the main liaison with 3rd party legal service providers to ensure protection and promotion of the Company’s best interests legally across the network.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ER strategy across the business.
- Address conflicts and strive to resolve them in a positive manner that benefits all parties and facilitates healthy work relationships and manage the administration of all discipline/grievance issues as per discipline /grievance procedure.
- Listen to and address employee concerns, resolve employee issues and handle complaints to protect the interests of all parties involved and encourage a supportive atmosphere in the workplace.
- Assist in taking proactive measures, based on internal data, changes in employment law, and ER company policies, to ensure education is provided to the appropriate audiences with the goal of minimizing legal risk and preventing the unfair treatment of employee
- Assist the ER manager in coordination of disciplinary procedures and systems; handling disciplinary cases; attending to disciplinary hearings, confirming minutes and issuing verdicts with minimal litigation.
- Design programs to ensure the fair treatment of employees and effective communication between employees and managers and provide guidance to line managers on behavior management and effective counselling to staff.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- University degree – Bachelor’s degree in HR /Law/ Business Administration or related field.
- Additional qualifications in Employee or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- Member of IHRM.
- 5 years’ experience managing HR processes in a labour intensive industry and 2 years must experience specifically in labour and industrial relations management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.