Lecturer Job at M.P. Shah Hospital… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at M.P. Shah Hospital.
M.P. Shah Hospital is a modern 210-bed facility that is home to highly skilled and experienced specialists and professional medical staff.
- Curriculum development – Devise and develop nursing curricula and course material as approved by course committees and/or the Dean of the Nursing School.
- Compliance– Ensure that the Nursing school is compliant with the Kenyan statutory education legislation.
- Research – Utilize the nursing school‘s resources to conduct and support applied nursing research.
- Contribute to the existing body of nursing knowledge by publishing medical journals and research papers. Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and postgraduate students in their research work
- Managing resources – participate in the development of the Nursing School budget. Ensure appropriate utilization of the nursing school’s budget.
- Support students – Motivate, counsel and inspire students to be exceptional nurses and medical practitioners
- Human resources management – Manage staff under him/her by participating in the hiring and selection process, conducting performance appraisal, discipline, motivation and distributing tasks among staff.
- Administration – Be responsible for administrative duties in areas such as admissions, assessment of student progress and achievement, student retention and attendance.
- Teaching and learning – Utilize at least 20% of work time teaching, marking, and grading assignments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing and Post Basic Course in a specialty nursing area will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience as a nurse lecturer
- Experience in coaching and mentoring learners
- Knowledge in research methodologies