Maintenance Engineer Job at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
The Fairmont Norfolk is a historic hotel in Nairobi, Kenya, and is owned by the luxury hotel chain, Fairmont Hotels, and Resorts. The hotel has 170 rooms, 4 restaurants, and consists of 5 main blocks, each ranging from 1 to 2 stories high. The hotel has a signature Tudor style of architecture that has been maintained since its original construction.
- Checks event orders and meeting any engineering requirements arising, including outside catering, festivals etc.
- Allocates duties to the appropriate engineering staff as may be required.
- Duty Roaster Planning and management.
- Ensures that the Planned Preventive Maintenance is adhered to and records kept up to date.
- Maintain and conform to Room Perfect Program.
- Collects work assignment sheet from the Engineer during the briefing.
- Ensure availability of materials and spare parts before the start of the shift.
- Assist, as directed, to perform other Engineering tasks as business demand requires.
- Follow all standard operating procedures of Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club and Engineering department.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness safety of work areas at all times.
- Ensures control and distribution of Trouble reports, breakdown reports and requests from rented offices
- Ensures control of store material issues to support day-to-day maintenance and repairs requirements.
- Assigns duties to engineer team members accordingly
- Liaises with sectional MANAGERs regularly for the update of ongoing works and projects
- Ensures day-to-day repairs are effectively done, through prompt attention to emergencies and breakdowns especially in guest areas.
- Provides competent hands-on skills to ensure all hotel systems including, Mechanical, electrical, sewage, plumbing, heating and lighting are maintained in good working order and to ensure any defects are corrected promptly and properly.
- Ensures all hotel fixtures, fittings and equipment are maintained in good working order and that defects are corrected promptly.
- Undertakes regular inspections of the building and report back any defects and repairs that require further action to the Chief Engineer.
- Ensures Engineering Store is adequately stocked and not running out
- Ensures Purchase requests on store and Direct items are made as per re-order levels.
- Ensures Purchase Requests raised has enough and detailed specifications to ensure high good quality materials are sourced.
- To perform other task, including cross exposure, as directed, or multi-skill in any other section.
- Perform other duties requested by the Chief Engineer.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021.