Manager Finance & Accounts at Coast Development Authority… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Coast Development Authority.
Coast Development Authority (CDA) is a State Corporation established by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to plan and co-ordinate the implementation of development projects in the seven counties of the Coast Region, namely, Garissa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Taita-Taveta and Tana River as well as the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years in relevant work and at least five (5) years in a supervisory role in a position in the public service or private sector.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance & Accounting option) or other recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Master’s degree in any of the following; Business Administration, Finance or other equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- Be a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant Part III (CPA K,) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Have certification in Leadership/Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computer application.
- Have fulfilled the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work place.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Consolidating the budget and revised budget as per guidelines issued;
- Authorizing all expenditure as per set ceilings;
- Ensuring timely accurate preparation of expenditure returns from departments; sections and regional offices;
- Supervising preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports;
- Ensuring quarterly management reports are submitted to Parent Ministry, KRB and Treasury as per PFM act;
- Developing and reviewing supplementary financial policies, procedures, and regulations to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures in management;
- Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- Liaising with Parent Ministry and Treasury for release of funds;
- Handling all correspondences with external parties;
- Reviewing all audit queries pertaining to the department;
- Interpreting Treasury Circulars issued from time to time; and
- Training and development of finance staff
NB: Appointment to this grade will be on Contract basis as per the Human Resource Policy & Procedure Manual.
Salary Scale as given by Salary & Remuneration Commission of Kenya (SRC).
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to :
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
COAST DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 1322-80100 MOMBASA, KENYA
Closing Date : 24 November. 2021