Manual Tester Job at Kyosk Digital Services… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kyosk Digital Services.
A kiosk is an informal convenience store selling everyday household items. Known locally by their vernacular names e.g. Duka in Kenya, Spaza in South Africa, Kantemba in Zambia. Kiosk-type retail outlets are the cornerstone of African retail, accounting for over 60% of all retail trade flows. Despite their importance, kiosk-type retail outlets face significant challenges, including high cost of stock and unreliable delivery.
- Testing: Able to clearly understand the functionality of a Business Requirement Document and how it affects other features across the Kyosk Architecture. Referring to the technical and product documentation write and maintain detailed and well-structured test cases ensuring optimal coverage and effective deduplication.
- Release Management: Contribute to the creation of regression suites ensuring all affected modules are tested well before release. Run regression plans diligently and raise the right level of concern on issues found with the correct developer. Comprehensively follow through on the bug resolution process.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with developers when testing new/existing functionality and giving timely and accurate feedback on the issues found. Actively seek clarification from the Product when acceptance criteria (AC) are not clearly understood.
- Bug Reporting: Create comprehensive bug tickets by adding additional details and log reports, enabling developers to quickly understand the nature of the issue. Keenly follow JIRA etiquette by promptly updating bug tickets with status and/or comments. For production, issues work closely with engineers to meet the timeline for closing critical and blocker bugs.
Minimum Requirements & Key Skills
- 1+ year of testing software systems
- Knowledge of different software development and testing life cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes and testing techniques (e.g. black and white box testing)
- Understanding of system integration testing methodologies, defect tracking systems, and Quality Assurance process
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
Desired Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of Agile software development principles
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders;
- Organizational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines and multiple projects at one time.
- Certification in any level of ISTQB is a plus
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 2nd October 2022.