M&E Database Specialist at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc..
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects.
- Collaborate MEL Lead to design, manage, and strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning(MEAL) database and data management systems;
- Facilitate the roll-out and implementation of the County Integrated Monitoring and Evaluation System (CIMES), which provides an integrated structure and process for counties to engage stakeholders, plan, govern, manage and operate independently and in sync with one another;
- Ensure the effective use of the designated information systems, including offline and online platforms, application tools, and other systems to manage the implementation of NAWIRI program information management mechanism;
- Supervise data collection processes and overall data management activities, including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing;
- Analyze data and information collected at county level and locally;
- Oversee NAWIRI internal monthly statistics reports, provide inputs to NAWIRI reports and support in the documentation of NAWIRI activities for wider dissemination and use;
- Produce short analytical performance-based Dashboard reports, info-graphics and visual materials on agreed topics/themes on a monthly basis for wide dissemination;
- Conduct data management and analysis aspects of database management system training and technical initiatives with county government and consortium partners;
- Identify and assess gaps in data and information relevant to program implementation and contribute to the preparation of capacity development plan to address such needs;
- Develop and conduct training modules for M&E consortium partners for the implementation of the information management mechanism to ensure a smooth rollout;
- Maintain day-to-day implementation of key MEL processes;
- Coordinatre processing activity-level monitoring, including ensuring that data is complete, accurate, and consistent with agreements and reports;
- Implement quality control management policies and processes for checking all incoming and outgoing details of data;
- Conduct data quality checks and internal assessments;
- Develop/update training materials in key aspects of databases, monitoring and verification tools, protocols and processes as needed;
- Provide needs-based training for NAWIRI program staff and partners on M&E database management system and related tools;
- Monitor compliance with the data collection protocols for each M&E tool;
- Contribute towards improvement of the existing data collection protocols;
- Produce data quality reports and assist with other reports as needed for the project;
- Regularly back up data collected using approved protocols for data storage;
- Cooperate in defining and/or creating data listings, summary table validation, data specifications and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review and/or data management audit and develop a performance-based user-friendly Dashboard;
- Actively collaborate with relevant NAWIRI consortium partners to identify further themes and available data for future analyses;
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable;
- Work closely with the MEL Team Lead and other project staff on a variety of tasks as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of professional experience in working with relational database systems such as SQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL databases
- Development of a atabase management for monitoring, evaluation, and learning system;
- Proficiency in working with statistical and qualitative databases such as NVIVO, STATA, SPSS R-software etc.
- Experience with technologies typically used in the ICT4D and data management space including CommCare, ArcGIS online, iFormBuilder, Zoho Reports, Mobile Money Systems, SAVIX, Bartender, ODK, CSPro, etc…
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and professional use of MS Word;
- Experience with developing, testing, and refining databases and data collection systems and tools;
- Experienced in developing databases, data tools, data collection protocols, quality assurance strategies, data management and data visualization;
- Proven experience with database planning approaches, information/ data analysis and report writing;
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience managing common operational datasets.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and quick learners;
- Fluent English and Kiswahili, oral and written.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in appropriate research related field