Senior Global Human Resources Advisor Job at Mercy Corps…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at Mercy Corps.
Mercy Corps is a global non-governmental, humanitarian aid organization operating in transitional contexts that have undergone, or have been undergoing, various forms of economic, environmental, social, and political instabilities.
- Senior Global Human Resources Advisor
This position is responsible for executing complex Human Resources support to all Mercy Corps programs with their assigned portfolio, ensuring a positive, equitable and consistent employment experience for team members in 40+ global locations. This position serves as a partner to leadership teams, ensuring the “people needs” of Mercy Corps team members align and are accounted for within the organization’s strategic initiatives. The Senior Global HR Officer advises country level, departmental, and regional leadership on organizational HR best practices, is a resource to regional team members for personal HR needs and collaborates with country HR teams to ensure a connection to global HR initiatives and priorities. This position is seen as an ambassador of our priorities and culture, focus on well-being and duty of care, problem solver, and is proactive in finding collaborative, cross-functional ways to maximize the impact of Mercy Corps’ People and Strategy team.
STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Advocates for proactive people-focused policies and initiatives that align with Mercy Corps’ strategic priorities and promote positive organizational culture.
- Keep up to date on trends in global human resource management, particularly in the international humanitarian aid sector.
- Understands how effective human resource management informs and complements core business objectives.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to regional and country strategy development.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills;
- A demonstrated top performer with energy, intelligence, strong analytical skills, and highly evolved interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience working in Human Resource, including Talent Acquisition. Experience in roles consulting with management on management practices (i.e. HR Business Partner) highly preferred.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, preferred.
- English & French language proficiency required, other major languages
- Experience working in an international or insecure environment.
- Demonstrated history of providing excellent customer service and a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource management techniques that meet the needs of a globally dispersed workforce.
- Demonstrated experience working to solve emergency and crisis situations, as they relate to Human Resource best practices and People related coordination.
- A historically demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills, effective organizational and interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload in a remote work arrangement. Able to maintain operational consistency with other team members and actively keep management informed.
- Proven experience and intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as the ability to navigate the Internet/intranet.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021.