NUST Zimbabwe Grading System
Check NUST Zimbabwe Grading System….See Full NUST Zimbabwe Grading System & Considerations
Examination & Grading System
- All Bachelor’s degrees, except the MBBS degree, shall be classified in the following divisions:
- First Division, Upper Second Division, Lower Second Division, Pass.
- In determining the degree classification of a program, the weightings of all parts of the degree program shall be taken into consideration. The actual weightings shall be prescribed in the program regulations.
- The following Grading Scheme shall be adopted for all Modules and Programmes :
75% and above 1 (First Division) 65% - 74% 2.1 (Upper Second Division) 60% - 64% 2.2 (Lower Second Division) 50% - 59% Pass Below 50% Fail
- The following Credit Accumulation regulations shall apply to all Modules and Programmes:
- A Credit shall be equivalent to 10 notional hours of learning.
- All programs offered by the University shall use an academic credit allocation system approved from time to time by the Senate. The University shall adopt the following credit level framework prescribed by the Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education for all programs offered:
|SADC- QF LEVEL||QUALIFICATION|
A student who successfully completes a module shall be awarded the credits approved for the module at the assigned level.
Award of Credit
A student shall be awarded credits on successful completion of a module
Credit Accumulation and Degree Qualification
- A student shall progressively accumulate credits for modules that they successfully complete.
- A student shall be required to accumulate sufficient credits to progress through the program and would be required to gain the total credits required for the award of the degree qualification as prescribed in the Faculty Regulations.
Accreditation of Prior Learning
A student who is exempted from the first year of study shall be awarded credit determined by the Faculty recognizing prior learning that matches the learning outcomes gained from an accredited institution and relevant work experience.