Ophthalmic Clinical Officer Job at St Francis Community Hospital… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at St Francis Community Hospital.
- Provide consultations at the eye clinic.
- Diagnose, manage and refer cataract cases appropriately.
- Increase community awareness to participation in eye care especially cataract identification and referral.
- Perform cataract surgeries and refer complicated cases appropriately.
- Take part in planning and participating in eye camps.
- Ensure that all assessments and treatment provided are properly documented on patients’ files.
- Maintain an accurate and updated records keeping system in the health unit keeping in mind that any significant changes seen with regards to cases seen in the health unit should be reported to the Doctor in charge and other relevant authorities.
- Admit patients to the wards when necessary and ensure that M.O. in charge is promptly informed.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory reports of the same.
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/ requisition of all drugs and supplies.
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and Higher Diploma in Ophthalmology from a recognized Institution.
- Registered with the Clinical Officer’s Council- Kenya
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role (Post specialization).
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays.
- Committed to working in the multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 12th November 2021.