Political Officer (British Embassy Mogadishu) Job at British High Commission Nairobi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at British High Commission Nairobi.
The British High Commission in Nairobi is the diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom in Nairobi. It is located in the Upper Hill area of Nairobi. The British High Commission in Kenya maintains and develops relations between the UK and Kenya. We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Kenya.
- Developing maintaining, and deepening the UK’s relationships including with leading figures in the Federal Government of Somalia, Federal Member States, parliamentarians, and civil society.
- Understanding complex political situations and relationships in Somalia, and producing political reporting and advice for the British Ambassador to Somalia, as well as colleagues across our Somalia Network.
- Arranging meetings and events and interpreting as required for the British Ambassador, British Embassy colleagues and senior visitors.
- Identifying options for UK policy, evaluating the advantages and disadvantages and making recommendations.
- Understanding and helping to implement UK policy objectives, including explaining the UK policy position on various issues.
- Representing the British Embassy professionally at all times (often as the first point of contact for many of our external contacts).
- University degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the interface between the Somali authorities and a large donor/multilateral organization/international non-governmental organization.
- Native or near-native Somali language skills, with the ability to interpret at the highest level.
- Strong detailed knowledge of Somali politics.
- Eligible to work in Kenya and Somalia and to travel between the two.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 25th October 2021.