Principal Engineer Job at Koko Networks… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Koko Networks.
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
- KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Redis, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
- Shape large components of KOKO’s technical strategy, ensuring that it meets functional and non functional needs (e.g. performance, maintainability, monitorability, security and reliability).
- Own high level technical architecture decisions across multiple areas and guide others in making the right design and implementation choices in their areas
- Review design work of new projects in other teams, thinking through complex issues in advance, and anticipating potential pitfalls.
- Proactively seek and identify improvements to KOKO technology whilst balancing the needs of existing projects.
- Provide technical delivery assurance for multiple software projects in an agile team-based environment, acting as a subject matter expert across several product/technology areas
- Review quality processes in operation on projects and ensure that team members adhere to agreed systems and standards.
- Mentor and support other engineers in their career progression, and provide candid appraisals and counselling
- Evangelise of newer technologies helping KOKO systems to be more efficient, reliable and performant, driving PoCs where necessary.
- Organise and deliver training across the team, in order that the team’s overall knowledge and awareness of key skills is well maintained.
- Assess effort estimations and provide the complete technical picture that others need to guide their decision making.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Significant experience leading design and development of cloud applications at enterprise scale using relevant technologies for our stack
- Deep experience with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure, maintainable, scalable, high availability services
- Expert understanding of unit testing, design patterns and use of software analysis tools (profilers, static code analysis etc)
- Significant experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service-based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cybersecurity, distributed application development, modern front-end design, highly scalable data architectures.
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Experience working in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- You are strongly motivated by seeing high quality outcomes delivered, and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems as needed to ensure the desired outcomes.
- Great oral and written communication skills