Principal Job (School of Nursing) at M.P. Shah Hospital… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at M.P. Shah Hospital.
M.P. Shah Hospital is a modern 210-bed facility that is home to highly skilled and experienced specialists and professional medical staff.
- Implementation of academic programs – Work with senior lecturer to plan and implement academic programs such as orientation, courses, seminars, in services and other training program offered by the M.P. Shah nursing school.
- Strategic management – Participate in strategic planning by developing strategic initiatives, establishing collaborative work structures and climate, and developing procedures for monitoring results.
- Budgeting- Participate in the development of the Nursing School budget. Ensure appropriate utilization of the nursing school’s budget.
- Policy formulation and enforcement – Improve the service delivery of the nursing school by developing policies that enforce uniformity across teaching practice, support continuous learning and maintain a positive work environment.
- Promoting off extracurricular activities – Promote and support a high degree of student morale through curricular and extracurricular activities and services and coordinate the participation of all members of the teaching staff in the extracurricular program.
- Scheduling of lectures and events – Ensure the smooth running of classes and lessons by preparing timetables, class lists and schedules, and supervision schedules and be responsible for their functioning.
- Performance management – Conduct performance appraisal in order to evaluate staff performance.
- Compliance– Ensure that the Nursing school is compliant with the Kenyan statutory education legislation.
- Administration – Be responsible for administrative duties in areas such as admissions, assessment of student progress and achievement, student retention and attendance.
- Teaching and learning – Utilize at least 20% of work time teaching, marking, and grading assignments.
- Discipline – Address student indiscipline cases and follow the nursing schools to rule book dispense
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- At least 5 years experience working as a nursing lecturer
- PHD of Science in Nursing or related field will be an added advantage Experience in coaching and mentoring learners and lecturers
- Ability to counsel and guide.
- Resources management skills.