Project Coordinator Job at Finn Church Aid… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Finn Church Aid.
Finn Church Aid – Action for Human Dignity Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 15 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
- Coordinate the overall implementation of peace project activities in FCA target counties including the planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and reporting (internal and external) of those activities
- Coordinate communications and meetings relevant to the peace project
- Coordinate with local partners and key stakeholders on programmatic, financial, procurement and logistical issues for the peace building project
- Maintain good relations and communication with project stakeholders
- Ensure meaningful participation of women in peace processes
- Preparing work plans and produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by FCA and donor/lead-partner reporting systems
- Promotes identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Maintain effective communication with the project team in FCA Kenya Country office and FCA HO
- Analyse country/county context to assigned project
- Perform other duties as assigned by Country director
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of FCA peace project in Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and West Pokot
- Attending relevant coordination meetings
- Master’s degree in Peace/Conflict studies, Social Sciences preferably in, humanitarian affairs, disaster management, political science and/or development studies.
- Field working experience in the target counties; experience with donor funded projects an advantage
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Fluent written and oral English and local languages skills are appreciated.
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Having no affiliation to the target areas in question that would result in a perception of bias by the communities.
- Excellent proposal writing skills.