Quality Assurance Engineer at Medic Mobile…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Medic Mobile.
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone.
A QA Engineer works closely with the cross-functional product team and is responsible for enabling the team to release quality software at speed.
We currently have a mix of automated and manual testing. It is our goal to automate as much as possible in the interest of faster release delivery.
Regardless of the style of testing, one important aspect of work on the team is using the CHT in a technical sense. We build a toolkit and as a QA engineer you will use the tools to assemble, configure, and test applications. Some of the more technical day-to-day activities involve working on the command line, modifying data, and starting up services with Docker.
The work is more technically challenging than may typically be found in a QA role and if you’re looking for that, please apply
- Provide acceptance testing and release testing of new features, bug fixes, and other improvements
- Use your initiative to perform any exploratory testing, fuzzing, or other means of exploratory quality assurance you think is required to maintain a high quality product
- Learn and operate the CHT to quickly set up and execute complex test scenarios
- Work with teammates to build an extensive automated testing suite using Protractor
- Use CI/CD tools like GitHub Actions to fully automate aspects of the testing process and improve our build pipeline
- Learn new programming languages, platforms, toolkits, libraries, tools, and application development paradigms as necessary
Other Team Activities
- Work with the Director of Technology and development team to guide platform development and technical strategy with regards to testing
- Work with development team to improve test procedure within the development process
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Can write browser automation tests for web applications, ideally with Angular and Protractor
- Are detail oriented and enjoy finding pesky bugs
- Are comfortable in a UNIX-like environment
- Have experience with regression and exploratory testing
- Have some experience with performance and scalability testing
- Thrive working as part of a distributed team with a flexible schedule
- Enjoy working remotely with opportunities to travel to project sites (e.g. Nepal and Kenya) and work with a globally distributed team
- Want to help build software that improves lives in a real and significant way
Purpose & Impact
- Ability to create and see real impact in your work
- Freedom to take initiative and innovate, bonus of an agile, small team
- Work for a globally awarded social enterprise recognized for developing a solution that can create global systems change in the health sector
- Work with a value and mission driven team that is consistently described as warm, incredibly kind and supportive
- Exposure to a diverse team: over 15 different nationalities
- Opportunities for global travel: all team meet-up + functional team meet-up + field visits
Work/Life & Growth
- Generous leave time: vacation, maternity/paternity, bereavement, & sick days
- Professional development funds & opportunities + 5 days off for prof dev
- Workspace and communication stipends
- Flexible, remote schedules
Method of Application
Closing Date : 16 October. 2021