Regional Communications Manager Job at Interpeace… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Interpeace.
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding that supports locally led initiatives around the world. Interpeace tailors its approach to each society and ensures that the work is locally owned and driven.
- The Regional Communications Manager will directly supervise the country communications officers (if and when recruited) and complete performance assessments as their first line manager.
- The RCM will oversee, design, develop and or lead regional communications plans including communication material for campaigns, global appeals, reports, newsletters and website content of the country teams, including communication assessment and analysis, in close coordination with the Global Communications Team.
- Develop a sound understanding of the Interpeace’s global communication strategy; its vision, purpose and objectives.
- Facilitate the development of a communication plan for Interpeace’s country programmes to help achieve its objectives and in line with external stakeholders’ requirements (donors, national partners).
- Provide leadership and advice on strategic approaches to communicating programme activities of the country teams. Advice country teams on the effective use of tools of mass communication with an attempt to strive for convergence with other activities of country teams where appropriate, in the context of Interpeace’s strategic plan.
- Provide support to the Country Offices and teams on media engagement. This includes the creation of a network with relevant national and international journalists and media.
- Liaise with national and regional media for press releases and events, establish media connections and aim to get maximum media attention for press releases, special events, press interviews either through broadcast or print media.
- Participates in meetings with authorities, donors, partners and project beneficiaries to capture and share lessons learned, stories, recommendations, etc.
- Regularly track the web and social media statistics and prepare regional reports with the support of the Global Communications Manager and the GCT.
- Develops key performance indicators with the support of the Global Communications Manager to track the successful implementation of the country communication strategies.
- Provides leadership and oversight to several country teams to ensure compliance with set objectives through periodic meetings, individually and in groups.
- Monitors the overall planning and budget of the country communications plans, ensuring they are properly administered, and utilized. Prepares and submits timely progress/status reports for the Global Communications team.
- Master’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; International Relations or in a related field.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media,
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of regional political and peacebuilding challenges, and complex country contexts and narratives,
- Has excellent working knowledge of digital media, including social media platforms and processes
- Effectively counsels /coaches team members, in their delivery of messages to a variety of constituents, even on challenging topics.
- Fluent in French and English – Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English producing materials for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the ‘general public’ – Ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Strong IT skills, including sound analytical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices;
How to Apply
Submit your CV, a letter of interest, an acknowledgment letter, answering the following questions:
- Have you ever been criminally convicted or subject to any criminal or administrative penalty by any competent authority? If yes, please specify:
- Have you ever been terminated or separated (e.g. contract termination, dismissal, non-renewal) or subject to any disciplinary measure or sanction by your employer for fraud,
- harassment, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse?
- Have you ever resigned while under investigation or during disciplinary proceedings?
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 28th March 2022.