Research Associate Intern at Shamiri Institute… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Shamiri Institute.
Our mission is to provide youths, in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and beyond, with evidence-based tools to improve their life outcomes. We believe in a world where youth, anywhere, can actualize their life outcomes. Founded at Harvard and launched in Kenya in 2018, we combine rigorous social science research with deep contextual knowledge of the education and mental healthcare space in SSA and beyond.
Research Planning & Implementation
- Collect qualitative or quantitative data from research participants to include printing and collating paper questionnaires, and moderating focus group discussions
- Support in the development of research materials such as questionnaires, protocols, an literature reviews
- Enter and prepare data for cleaning to include scanning paper questionnaires and verifying responses
- Clean and Analyze data using Excel and R
- Contribute to reports of results
- Perform other related duties as required
Educational/Training Background & Skills
- Recent graduate (within one year) or student in relevant field (psychology, statistics, computer programming)
- Previous experience working on a research study
- Computer programming/coding (R, KOBO, REDCAP)
- Scientific writing experience
- Advanced MS Office