Risk Strategist Job at Flutterwave… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Flutterwave.
Flutterwave is a payment infrastructure company and our mission is to simplify payments for endless possibilities. We believe that our customers are our lifeline and are at the center of everything we do. Flutterwave was founded in 2016 by a team of ex-bankers, entrepreneurs and engineers. We decided to provide the award-winning technology core needed to provide businesses all around the world a powerful, reliable and intelligent payments gateway.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the development of new products and advise on the risk / fraud-related requirements and controls that need to be established to ensure Flutterwave manages product / transaction risk.
- Establish the risk appetite for both individual products and across Flutterwave’s entire portfolio.
- Lead ad hoc risk-related projects end-to-end to support market expansion, new products or risk management.
- Be the internal expert on card network (Visa / Mastercard / Amex / Discover) rules and our acquiring or issuing bank contractual requirements.
- Conduct research, analyze data and put forth recommendations and proposals that drive decisions on product, risk management and partnerships.
- Take ownership of undefined bodies of work and create a structured process that allows Flutterwave to move fast in identifying and executing on opportunities.
- Own the product risk assessment process for rollouts of new products or enhancements.
- Influence risk / compliance product and engineering roadmaps
Required competencies and skills to be a waver
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank or related payments technology company.
- Deep understanding of risk and fraud
- Experience analyzing and interpreting card network rules