Senior Analytics Engineer Job at M-Kopa Solar… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at M-Kopa Solar.
M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
- Supporting the team by providing technical leadership on data modelling in dbt and Looker
- Managing a specific domain teams (or a group of teams) analytics models
- Demonstrating best practices and increase the highest use opportunities to improve data processes, whether at data load or with data model redesign
- Working closely with our Product and Backend Engineers team to provide clean, timely, reliable datasets
- You’ll enjoy low ego environment and cohesive team spirit
- Taking ownership of your work, partnering with cross functional peers to ensure projects success
- You are naturally data curious, excited by data stack architecture and motivated by having an impact on the business
We’re excited about you because you have experience with
- Have strong experience working with relational data models
- Have experience working with tools such as dbt, Looker, Airflow or similar
- Are experienced working with modern data warehouses and querying on them
- Have experience coding with Python and SQL
- Comfortable with software best practices (version control/git, Agile, testing, automated release pipelines, CI/CD processes, logging, observability etc.)
- Familiar with an event-based architecture
- Current stack
- dbt for Transformation
- Looker for visualisation
- Spark / Data Factory / Event Hub / Airflow for ingestion
- Airflow / AKS for orchestration
- Microsoft Azure as our base cloud provider
- The stack is managed by the analytics platform team who you’ll work with.