Senior Data Scientist Job at Tezza Business Solutions Limited… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Tezza Business Solutions Limited.
Tezza Business Solutions Ltd is a “niche” service provider of Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Software Testing services. Tezza began its operations as a Web Development Company in 2000 in Overland Park, Kansas. Since then, we’ve evolved into a Services-oriented company that only engages in Product development as a value-add service to our customers, who continue to appreciate our “Customer First” Service Delivery approach. Tezza opened its first office in Kenya in 2009 with the primary goal of building the capacity of qualified software development and testing resources to work on outsourced projects from North America.
- Develop advanced ML (such as fraud etc) Credit scoring models for different business scorecards using ensemble algorithms in python.
- Conduct EDA, data extraction, data cleaning and documentation of created models
- Engage central team ensuring laid down best practices are followed
- Develop models which do not deviate too much from developed algorithms for Kenya
- Engage business stakeholders to glean from domain knowledge in creating fit-for-purpose algorithms
- Ensure codes are refactored for data engineering pipeline
- Engage assigned data engineers to promote developed models to production
- Engage scrum masters and project managers in a timely manner on a periodic basis to provide project updates
- Delivering projects within the allocated timeline
- Multitask by building more than one algorithm at each time
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology/ Information Studies and/or any other relevant course
- Proven development experience in software and software engineering.
- Understanding of financial services data processes, systems, and products.
- Experience in technical business intelligence.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and data principles.
- Project management experience.
- Exposure to governance and regulatory matters as it relates to data.
- Experience in building models (credit scoring, propensity models, churn, etc.).
- Candidate should have 5 – 8 years of experience:
- Working with unstructured data (e.g. Streams, images)
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Using data mining to discover new patterns from large datasets.
- Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Proficiency in application and web development. Structured and Unstructured Query languages e.g. SQL, Qlikview; SSIS SSRS, Python, JSON , C#, Java, C++, HTML
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 15th October 2022.