Social Behaviour Change Communication Officer Job at LVCT Health… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at LVCT Health.
LVCT Health is an indigenous Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2001. We are driving Kenya towards HIV prevention, with an ultimate goal of reducing HIV infections to zero. We offer integrated HIV services through development of models that are scaled up to the national models.
- Lead the development of the MOSAIC SBCC strategy in collaboration with LVCT Health Communication and knowledge management and project team
- Coordinate the implementation of the SBCC strategy
- Work closely with LVCT Health CKM team to coordinate communications and media activities including development of appropriate SBCC messages, placement of messages on select mass media and appropriate new media platforms.
- Coordinate knowledge and lessons sharing on SBCC interventions with project teams and relevant stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Routinely oversee IEC materials development, adoption of existing messages and determination for media placement.
- In collaboration with CKM team, contribute to documenting experiences, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication.
- Support national level development and implementation of demand generation initiatives
- Undertake capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of LVCT Health and project staff, partners to implement demand creation programming among target populations
- Represent LVCT Health and the project in external SBCC activities where applicable Contribute to timely and appropriate reporting
Required Qualification, Skills, and Experience
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Mass Communications, Sociology, Marketing, Health Communication etc.)
- A Master’s degree in the aforementioned field will be an added advantage
- Proven working experience and history with PEPFAR (USAID,CDC) funded initiatives including Mass Media, New media, Digital media, Interpersonal communication etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic communication principles and practices and solid mastery of health behavior change theory grounded in applied field applications.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing evidence-based behavior change approaches that incorporate the role of products, social factors and environment in facilitating change.
- Must possess good communication skills with ability to build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders to enable the exchange of information among stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience in gender and gender norms highly desirable Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Adobe suite
- Should demonstrate positive attitude and behavior that aligns to program values