Solutions Engineering Lead at Safaricom Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Safaricom Kenya.
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
- Define coding standards, write code, and execute code reviews.
- Lead the software engineers on day-to-day activities while ensuring proper resource scheduling for optimal delivery.
- Coordinate releases of new product and services into production, ensure alignment of all stakeholders, review runbooks and change work instructions to ensure deployment as per plan while achieving non-functional and operational requirements.
- Manage events and incidents in the production environments and ensure resolution within target recovery time by identifying the root cause or putting in place a workaround to restore service or a permanent fix. Document the incident, impact and track all arising actions items via problem management.
- Planning, coordinating execution and documenting the business continuity all the services in the domain to ensure disaster recovery readiness is achieved.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the systems in the domain, review configurations and monitoring to ensure policy and technical compliance, recommend improvements and track closure.
- Engaging stakeholders across different business units on continuous service improvement initiatives within the domain, track, update on progress to closure manage any impediments.
- Maintain reports on team performance, vendor performance and system performance as well as review departmental and divisional reports especially around availability, capacity, and service management, pick out any actions that require attention and prioritize for resolution.
- Undertake regular one on ones, performance reviews and mentorship of team members to ensure optimal performance.
- Work with the planning and development teams to chart the target architecture and roadmap to evolve integration systems to fit for future platforms.
- Lead the team on research in new ways of operating integration platforms, identify opportunities for automation and well as spearhead the adoption of machine learning and AIOps
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5 years’ experience in software development in a busy IT environment.
- Hands on experience with microservices – Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based platforms based on java. Spring boot framework is preferred.
- Extensive experience with databases – relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development, Messaging / Streaming, RDBMS, NoSql Databases and InMemory Databases.
- Experience in Agile Development/software life-cycle development (SDLC).