Sonographer at Access Afya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Sonographer at Access Afya.
Access Afya is a social enterprise creating a model for integrated community health. We run a chain of micro-clinics in Nairobi’s informal settlements and a Healthy Schools program that delivers check-ups, treatments, and training to children in their schools. Our model makes a difference by getting essential health products and services to a population that is ill served by the current health system.
About the Role
Performs routine obstetric sonographic examinations, pelvic, abdominal pelvic, prostate, breast, lung, Kidney, ureter, and bladder ultrasounds, by utilizing ultrasonic equipment to locate, evaluate and record critical functional, pathological, and anatomical data. Schedules and coordinates tests, records test results, and prepares and maintains operational logs. Calibrates and maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
What you will do:
- Perform obstetric ultrasonic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols
- Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- Maintain examination rooms and work areas.
- Obtain second opinion on ultrasounds from remote specialist as per protocol
- Order and stock all ultrasound supplies.
- Maintain accurate department records, reports as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Document internal work processes as required.
- Document decision support reports
- Work as a team member within the mobile clinic and all other units
- Work with Field team to improve uptake of routing antenatal ultra-sonography
- Participate in Access Afya trainings as planned with the aim of providing quality clinical outcomes:
- You will attend scheduled continuous medical education trainings held twice monthly.
- You will get trainings on new ultrasound technology, the butterfly ultrasound, and support its implementation in numerous sites as well as conduct training for clinicians and get to use tel-guided ultrasound technology in sonography to increase access to various ultrasound imaging in the underprivileged communities, including lung ultrasounds.
- You will participate in patient education by informing patients about their ultrasound outcomes.
- Diploma in medical imaging sciences or Higher diploma in medical diagnostic ultrasound from a recognized institution,
- MUST be registered and licensed by the allied health professional’s council
- At least 2 years working experience with a reputable medical facility
- Appropriate knowledge of anatomy
- Computer data entry, good communication skills.
Half the world’s urban population live in slums. Slums are not set-up to provide reliable and decent health services and in fact, some people would be better off using nothing at all. Access Afya is fully redefining the patient experience of care through digital health tools that puts knowledge in people’s hands, to reliable and quality assured clinics, to follow-up and outcomes tracking to ensure success. You can make an impact on a big, global problem while working side by side with our dynamic team in Nairobi.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021