Store Assistant at Church World Service… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
This position is primarily responsible for the receipt, distribution and maintaining accurate records of office supplies. This position is under General Service Department.
- This position reports directly to the Property Supervisor.
- Receives equipment and supplies destined for the store and cross checks purchase orders and delivery notes to ensure that the correct items, quantity and quality have been supplied to RSC Africa.
- Maintains accurate records of the movement of office supplies and equipment but not IT related to and from the stores.
- Receives requisitions from staff for stationery among other supplies and ensures timely distribution every Wednesday or as required
- Issues supplies for each new employee and recovers the supplies when staff members leave RSC Africa.
- Maintains ample stock levels in the stores by presenting timely requests for supplies that are at re–order levels through liaising with the Property Supervisor.
- Ensures that stocktaking is carried out on quarterly basis with the Senior Accountant.
- Ensures that the supplies in the store are arranged and labeled properly to ensure easy retrieval of items and to facilitate stocktaking.
- Maintains and monitors stock levels in the Great Plains Accounting System.
- Packs supplies and equipment for field trips and receives the equipment on return of the field trip and ensures all equipment is returned in good working condition.
- Performs any other duties assigned in order to improve the operations of the RSC Africa office.
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of paid work experience is required.
- Experience in stores management and stock recording
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- Ability to maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Ability to carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Ability to work well as a team in a multi–cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Ability to actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
- Ability to lead others and address issues as they arise;
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems;
- Ability to effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021