Technical Business Partner at Kyosk Digital Services… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kyosk Digital Services.
A kiosk is an informal convenience store selling everyday household items. Known locally by their vernacular names e.g. Duka in Kenya, Spaza in South Africa, Kantemba in Zambia. kiosk-type retail outlets are the cornerstone of African retail, accounting for over 60% of all retail trade flows. Despite their importance, kiosk-type retail outlets face significant challenges, including high cost of stock and unreliable delivery.
- Talent Acquisition: Work collaboratively with the technology leadership to determine the staffing requirements for the tech team to drive the successful implementation technical strategy. Develop and implement various recruitment strategies for the efficient and timely hiring and placement of employees. Provide guidance to the hiring managers on job reviews and lead development of job descriptions for new or revised positions. Manage the end to end recruitment process for technical roles including interview scheduling for the Line Managers and Hiring team members, salary negotiation for successful candidates, background checks and contracting for the selected candidates.
- Talent Management & Retention: Support the technology leadership in determining training needs for their team members, discussing those needs with the people leadership for incorporation to the annual learning and development agenda. Coach the leadership & management teams on our performance management tool and processes to ensure best practices in employee performance management and engagement. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Stakeholder Management: Establish and maintain good working relationships with the tech leadership and employees. Leverage on the relationships to push the people’s agenda within the function and ensure the people’s needs are met.
- Business Advisory : Provide guidance and input on the technology business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the engineering team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Culture : Direct and support initiatives to drive a positive work environment; promote team innovation and engage teams to identify improved ways of working. Guide the tech leaders on ways to promote open communication, teamwork and facilitating meaningful engagement within the team.
- Reporting: Prepare and present monthly workforce reports as required and analyze the data to develop action plans with leaders to address key issues arising from these reports. Design, coordinate and provide relevant statistical information, data and reports on recruitment activities, gender analysis, and other applicable recruitment and people metrics.
- Supplier Management : Support the selection of one or more placement agencies to complement the recruitment process should the need arise. Act as the Account Manager for these agencies overseeing the communication between them and the tech leadership. Oversee the contracting, SLA signing and billing with the agencies factoring in the business and technological needs and interests.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years as a Tech Business Partner or Technical Recruiter supporting the end recruitment cycle and talent management;
- Proven work experience as a Technical Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter);
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- HR Generalist background is preferred;
- Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills;
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc);
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check etc);
- Ability to organize skills assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc) is an added advantage
- Hands on experience with recruiting softwares, HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS) as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS);
- Ability to engage with new people from diverse backgrounds and form meaningful relationships which have a long-lasting impact on our talent pool.
- Demonstrated experience finding innovative and creative solutions to create networks, build relationships and find prospective candidates;
- should have a knack for turning the hiring process, which is known to be boring worldwide, into a fun experience for everyone applying to be part of Kyosk