Thematic Field Coordinator Job at International Solidarity Foundation… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Solidarity Foundation.
The International Solidarity Foundation (ISF)?is a Finnish non-governmental organization founded in 1970 with its headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. Currently, ISF supports development projects in three countries: Somaliland, Kenya and Nicaragua.?ISF focuses on fighting against Gender-Based Violence (GBV) particularly Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting (FGM/C) and promoting economic empowerment and livelihood opportunities for women.
- Support partners in project planning, budgeting and implementation, including preparation of project documents, problem solving, testing of new ideas, capacity development and networking.
- Monitor project implementation, including analysis of project reports, activities and results.
Main Duties/Programme management
- Support project planning at the country level, including preparation of project agreements, project plans, and annual and quarterly country/project plans and budgets
- Support ISF programme planning at the country level, including preparation of country programme documents and participation in selecting local implementing partners
Monitoring and evaluation
- Do regular follow-up with partners and field visits to monitor and analyze project activities and project results, and report to Country Director any problems in the project performance
- Support partners in using monitoring data in learning and development
- Support financial monitoring
- Support project and programme internal and external evaluations
- Support reporting at the country level, including the preparation of country and donor reports.
- Prepare monthly reports about the general achievement and challenge in the areas of intervention; these will include changes and challenges.
- Review and analyze quarterly project reports and ensure that narrative and finance reports are coherent. Provide feedback to partners and ISF staff.
- Support reporting to Government
Main Duties/Programme development
- Support testing of new ideas in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned locally.
- Support ISF partners’ networking with relevant actors in their respective projects
- Support capacity development of partners, including facilitation of the assessment of capacity development needs, contacts to trainers and in organizing trainings
- Participate in the due diligence assessment to the potential partners and play a vital role in identifying the potential risk that might face on the project implementation
- Collect and conduct initial review of partner narrative and financial reports
- Support ISF HQ Communications and fundraising initiatives, including organizing media visits, arranging interviews and photo/video opportunities, and identifying interesting stories.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
- Appropriate Master’s Degree in the fields of gender, development, social sciences etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in prevention of harmful practices and violence against women and girls, preferably from NGOs
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management including planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience in community mobilization and working with communities
- Knowledge of relevant national and local policies, actors and networks in the country of employment
- Ability to facilitate discussion, learning, and innovation
- Ability to work independently and work well in a team
- Good planning and organizational skills