Travel Logistics Officer Job at Church World Service… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.
Travel and Logistics
- Requests for domestic and international flight schedules, itineraries, bookings, and tickets from local travel agents for efficient and cost effective travel.
- Works with Programs Management and other travelers to plan and execute all confirmed travel.
- Works with relevant embassies to obtain visas for staff travel, makes hotel reservations when required, coordinates ground transportation and other travel arrangements for CWS staff and visitors.
- Prepares travel authorizations for all travelling staff.
- Maintains updated shared logistics resources.
- Regularly reviews all issues raised in the issue logs after travel is complete, makes follow up with the vendors and updates the log with feedback.
- Works directly with Logistics officers in region offices on required logistics work.
- Conducts site assessments in processing locations when required.
- Maintains updated travel costs for all regions.
- Participates in annual travel budget costing and preparation.
- Monitors travel budget in the assigned locations and reports any additional costs.
- Maintains a tracking system for all partner Invoices across the sub offices to ensures they are captured and processed in a timely manner.
- Use ERP system to raise requisitions, review payments and reconcile vendors.
- Works closely with Procurement and Accounts to ensure vendor payments are processed as per policy.
- Conducts vendor reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly reviews travel expenses while renegotiating with vendors for competitive rates.
- Reviews CWS trip reports and communicates follow-up items to the Logistics Supervisor.
- Reviews monthly invoices for local taxi service providers, ensures correct rates are being charged and also identifies local versus regional travel expenses.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to ensure the logistical support of operations
- related to official travel and other program objectives
- Four (4) years of paid work experience is required.
- Administrative experience in supply chain is required..
- Knowledge in Amadeus booking tool is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, or four (4) years working experience required in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.