Undergraduate Internship – Human Resources at International Potato Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Potato Center.
The International Potato Center, known by its Spanish acronym CIP, was founded in 1971 as a root and tuber research-for-development institution delivering sustainable solutions to the pressing world problems of hunger, poverty, and the degradation of natural resources. CIP is truly a global center, with headquarters in Lima, Peru and offices in 20 developing countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Working closely with our partners, CIP seeks to achieve food security, increased well-being, and gender equity for poor people in the developing world. CIP furthers its mission through rigorous research, innovation in science and technology, and capacity strengthening regarding root and tuber farming and food systems. CIP is part of the CGIAR Consortium, a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. Donors include individual countries, major foundations, and international entities.
The intern will work directly with the HR analyst in Kenya but will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams on a variety of ongoing processes related to compliance, HR services, talent acquisition, new employee onboarding, system documentation management and other projects as they come available. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and launch your career in Human Resources.
- HR Services – Assist with processing employee data transactions, prepare NRS and students’ contracts and record keeping.
- Talent Acquisition – Support in recruitment processes, job postings, candidate sourcing and interviews.
- Onboarding – Support in the onboarding process in Kenya.
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree and/or certification in HR, Business Administration, or related field.
- Prior internship experience in Human Resources is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs to prepare reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrate a high integrity and confidentiality.
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Available to work at least 30 hours per week
- Excellent working environment.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
- The position is an internship position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The internship will be for a period of six months.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021