The United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) Admission requirements for the academic year have been released. The list contains the names of applicants that have been accepted into the school.
The management of the United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) Admission has released the list of requirements for admission into the institution.
United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) Admission & Requirements
Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The Coast Guard Academy is ranked among the nation’s elite undergraduate colleges. This is reflected in our highly selective admission process, which annually admits about 300 cadets from thousands of applicants.
Unlike the other federal service academies, the Coast Guard Academy does not require a Congressional nomination.
- Early Action: 15 October
- Regular Admission (U.S. citizens): 15 January
- International Admission: See https://www.uscga.edu/admission-and-tuition
Required/supplemental forms and standardized test scores will be accepted for 14 days after the deadlines above.
To be considered for admission you must submit a complete application by the deadline.
You are eligible to apply for the Coast Guard Academy if you are:
- A U.S. citizen of sound moral character
- Unmarried with no dependents or financial debt
- 17-22 years of age on last Monday in June
- A high school graduate or GED recipient (or will be prior to entry)
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may want to consider applying to be an International Cadet.
United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) Contact